The Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200) was developed to ensure that employers and employees are educated about chemical hazards in the workplace. Chemicals are considered “hazardous” if they present a significant physical or health threat. An effective Hazard Communication Program requires that all employers and employees be educated about chemical hazards in the workplace upon first hire and periodically thereafter.
Employees must be able to:
- Identify hazardous chemical materials
- Describe the types of hazards chemicals may pose
- Describe the purpose of, and types of information on, a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Explain the methods used for protection against hazardous chemicals
MedSafe's OSHA Safety and Infection Control Program features our AIM methodology. AIM is the acronym for Assess, Implement & Maintain. By assessing your organization, we can implement a proper plan and maintain that plan by keeping you up to date on regulatory changes. A key function of this is staff education, which can be conducted onsite or online, utilizing our Learning Management System, 'Training Manager'.
MedSafe Safety and Compliance Program also includes:
- Customized safety manuals designed to meet OSHA's requirement for a site-specific written Hazard Communication Program and Exposure Control Plan.
- Ongoing updates to manuals and periodic advisory publications as changes to regulations occur.
- Customized Safety Data Sheet (SDS) catalogs containing required documentation for hazardous products used by your facility.
- Labels for hazardous products in secondary containers, filled out for products used by your facility.
- Hazardous Materials Identification Charts to assist you and your staff easily to identify potential hazards of products.
- Ongoing support for your staff and a hotline to assist with safety and compliance issues.
- A Certificate of Compliance, issued when your facility has completed implementation of the program, clearly illustrating to your staff, visitors, and clients that you are committed to a safe working environment.